This carrot cake oatmeal with pecans takes all the best flavours of the classic cake – and turns it into porridge for breakfast! So easy and delicious.
Carrot Cake Porridge
As I’m sure you can imagine, I love my vegetables.
It can be hard to get your veg at breakfast and at the moment, with the days drawing in, the scarves coming out and the leaves on the ground, I don’t really fancy avocado on toast or a green smoothie bowl for breakfast.
Hot porridge oats are making a welcome return to my breakfast table and are an easy way to get that first portion of veg for the day: in carrot cake oatmeal.
It’s amazing how porridge can really taste of carrot cake! The ginger, cinnamon and other spices. The warm, plump raisins, the carrots. Healthy bliss.
How to make carrot cake oatmeal
This flavourful porridge is very easy to make. Just mix it all up, heat it for 8-10 minutes and enjoy!
- coconut milk
- milk (almond or any you like)
- maple syrup
- ginger, cinnamon and nutmeg
- pecans (to garnish)
Get the Carrot Cake Oatmeal Recipe
If you make this easy carrot cake oatmeal recipe, please tag it with #veggiedesserts on Instagram or other social media. I LOVE seeing your recreations of my recipes!
Also, pop down to the comment and let me know how you got on with the recipe. It’s always great to hear from my readers. Your support keeps me excited to bring you vegetable cake recipes as well as vegan desserts, plus vegetarian and vegan recipes.
Carrot Cake Oatmeal with Pecans
- 2 carrots raw, finely grated
- 80 g oats (1 cup)
- 125 ml coconut milk (1/2 cup)
- 180 ml milk (3/4 cup) (nut, cows whatever you prefer)
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ teaspoon ground ginger
- ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- ¼ cup raisins
- 1 tablespoon pecans chopped, to garnish
To make it on the stovetop:
- Combine all ingredients (except the nuts) in a saucepan and heat, stirring, over a low heat for 8-10 minutes or until thick.
- Serve with the chopped pecans sprinkled on top.
I hope you enjoyed this carrot cake oatmeal recipe! I love hearing from my readers, so please leave me a comment or on social media with #veggiedesserts. Thanks for supporting me and this UK food blog, and allowing me to share my creative vegetable cake recipes, vegan cakes and desserts, and vegetable veggie and vegan meals.