If you love hummus (and who doesn’t?!), you’ll love this creamy cauliflower hummus! It’s easy and full of flavour.
We are HUGE hummus fans at my house. The kids adore it and we have it at least once a week. Hummus is easy to make, healthy and delicious.
But I thought I’d get creative. If pureed chickpeas make hummus, what about a vegetable?
What about cauliflower?
Cauliflower blends up nice and creamy and has a pleasant, mild flavour.
I’ve added the traditional hummus ingredients of tahini, garlic and lemon juice to liven it up and in minutes I had a special new take on my family’s favourite dip.
One of the best things about making hummus is being able to tweak the ingredients to taste, so go ahead and adjust this recipe until you get the lemon and garlic balance just how you like it.
Can we discuss the spelling of hummus now? Houmus/humus/hummus. It drives me mad and I’m never quite sure which is right. How do you spell it?
Whatever way it’s spelled, it’s awesome. I love it on buddha bowls, carrot hummus sandwiches, and for veggies and dip of course! It’s also perfect on falafel waffles.
Get the Cauliflower Hummus Recipe
- ½ a head of cauliflower, florets
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon tahini
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- ½ clove of garlic, minced
- ⅛ teaspoon sea salt
- Standard Method: Steam or boil the cauliflower florets for a few minutes until soft. Drain and rinse under cold water to cool. Drain again. Transfer to a food processor, along with the other ingredients and puree until smooth.
- Zyliss Easy Pull methood: Steam or boil the cauliflower florets for a few minutes until soft. Drain and rinse under cold water to cool. Drain again. Transfer to the Easy Pull and pull until smooth - about 30 pulls. Add the remaining ingredients and pull approx 20 times to blend.
- Lovely served with vegetables, pitta or flatbreads.
Thanks for checking out my recipe! I love hearing from my readers. You all allow me to do what I love and write this UK food blog, sharing vegetarian and vegan recipes, vegetable cake recipes and also easy vegan desserts.