Now here’s a great way to eat your greens!
These cinnamon flavoured vegetable treats just melt in the mouth with a satisfyingly delicate crispy texture. Moreish and healthy, they are a sweet take on the oft-pinned on Pinterest kale chips.
Try them instead of popcorn for a quick but healthy snack. Just set the timer on the oven. I got distracted while cooking my first batch and I can tell you that kale ash isn’t quite so tasty. Vegetables for dessert, in minutes.
- 100g (2 cups, packed) fresh kale
- 1 tablespoon vegetable or rapeseed oil
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 175C/350F. Line a baking tray with parchment paper.
- Remove the thick spine of the kale and tear into bite-sized pieces. Wash and pat dry.
- Coat the kale with the olive oil, massaging it in to ensure thorough coverage. Spread in a single layer onto the prepared tray (you may need two trays). Mix the sugar and cinnamon in a small dish and sprinkle over the kale.
- Bake for 5 minutes, turn the tray and cook for another 3 minutes or until dry and starting to brown. Remove from the tray and allow to cool completely before serving.