These flavourful ginger beer, lime and coconut white chocolate truffles are simple to make and perfect for a homemade foodie gift.
I love making truffles. They’re sooooo easy and you can add myriad flavours to turn them into something new each time. The kids love to help make them, rolling the chocolate like play dough. And licking their chocolate-smeared hands, of course.
The firey flavour of ginger beer adds a lovely subtle heat to balance with the mellow sweetness of the white chocolate. Lime and coconut give the truffles a tropical spin, making them wonderful any time of year.
The white chocolate truffles look like little snowballs, so they’re perfect to make as an edible Christmas gift, bringing lighter flavours to contrast with the heavy spices prevalent at the moment.
Do you give edible gifts? I always intend to, but somehow time just ticks away. This year will be different. The kids are a little older and more able to help me in the kitchen (rather than just throwing flour around!). So we’re going to make a few more batches of these white chocolate truffles and pop them into little bags, ready for giving.
- 200g (7oz) white chocolate
- 1 tbsp butter
- 75ml (⅓ cup) double cream
- 1 tbsp ginger beer (I used Fentiman’s Ginger Beer with Lime)
- ½ tsp lime zest
- To decorate:
- 5 tbsp desiccated (shredded) coconut
- ½ tsp lime zest
- Chop the white chocolate and place it into a bowl with the butter.
- In a pan over a medium heat, gently heat the cream just to the boiling point. Pour it over the chocolate and butter and stir it until smooth, then add the ginger beer and lime zest and mix well.
- Chill the mixture in the fridge until set (about 2 ½ hours).
- Line a baking tray with baking parchment and mix the coconut and lime zest in a shallow bowl.
- Roll teaspoonfuls of the mixture into balls, then roll in the coconut and place onto the baking tray. Repeat with the rest of the mixture. Store in the fridge until ready to eat.
Fentimans botanically brewed ginger beer with muddled lime is spicy and zesty. It’s perfect in these truffles to give them loads of flavour. You could try any of the range in these white chocolate truffles for new, exciting tastes. All of them also make really great party mixers. We’ve tried the rose lemonade with vodka, gin and pink grapefruit tonic. Next up is ginger beer with spiced rum! For over 100 years, Fentimans have been using time-honoured methods to create their awesome, top quality drinks.
These are the larger 500ml bottles that Fentimans have just launched, so they’re excellent for cocktails. Some of my blogging friends have recipes for cocktails using them. Try FoodieQuine’s Mulled Ginger Beer Winter Warmer and Recipes from a Pantry’s Hibiscus Moscow Mule.
Pin for later!
Disclosure: This recipe was commissioned by Fentiman’s. All opinions are my own. Thanks for supporting the brands that make it possible for me to mess up my kitchen and write Veggie Desserts – Vegetable Cakes, Healthy Food and Lifestyle.