These frozen yogurt dots are a simple healthy treat! They have pureed squash to add a little extra veg. They’re a great healthy treat for kids!
Yesterday was apparently the first day of summer. What happened to spring? Today, however, was beautiful and sunny and I spent much of it pottering about the garden with the children. They played carwash with their ride on cars while I weeded the garden and generally tidied up.
My youngest is cutting a few more teeth and they are giving her much grief, so that, coupled with the warmer weather, spurred me on to make one of their favourite summer treats: dots.
I often use up yogurt by making dots, but this time I had some pureed squash in the fridge, left over from making my Chocolate Squash Cake. So today we had some yummy squash frozen yogurt dots.
Frozen yogurt dots are super easy to make. Simply freeze yogurt in little dots! My kids adore these and they’re a wonderful alternative to chocolate buttons. You can use any yogurt, but I like to add a little pureed vegetable to mine for added goodness and nutrition.
Thanks for checking out my recipe! I love hearing from my readers. You all allow me to do what I love and write this UK food blog, sharing vegetarian recipes, vegan recipes, vegetable cake recipes, vegan cake and also easy vegan desserts.
Get the Yogurt Dots Recipe
Squash Frozen Yoghurt 'Dots'
- 250 ml (1 cup) plain greek yoghurt
- 2 tbsp pureed squash
- 1 tsp icing confectioners sugar (optional)
- 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- Mix all ingredients in a bowl and then place into a piping bag or a freezer bag with the corner clipped off. Pipe 'dots' into a sheet of baking parchment placed over a plate. Freeze for a few hours.
- When frozen, peel off the dots and they are ready to eat. I keep them stored in a jar in the freezer.
- Try this with any type of yoghurt, they're a great healthy summer treat.