The peanut sauce really adds pizazz to this simple and flavourful Asian-inspired noodle salad. I’ve paired it with Thai Bites from Heck for an easy, tasty meal.
Vegan Noodle Salad with Peanut Sauce
I love the vibrant, fresh flavours in an Asian-inspired noodle salad. It’s endlessly customisable and you can use whatever summery vegetables you have to hand. Feel free to substitute in spiralised sweet potato, cucumber or beets – they all add their own unique flavour. The peanut sauce has a big depth of flavour from the rice wine vinegar and tamari. The salad is then spiced up with some dried chilli flakes and served with a squeeze of lime.
This time of year, as the days grow longer and the air warmer, I suddenly crave more fresh vegetables and cold salads. Winter is a time for lentil dhal, kale and ale stew and hearty soups. But now, with spring quietly approaching, I want salads. This noodle salad is perfect for conjuring images of warm days, exotic holidays and lighter nights. Roll on Spring!
Heck Thai Bites
This vegan noodle salad is wonderful topped with Thai Bites by Heck. They are delicious vegan balls made of Thai pesto, sweet potato and sticky rice. No funny ingredients, they’re just like something you’d make yourself – but wayyyyy more convenient because you can buy them at Waitrose or online. They’re perfect alongside a stir fry and spring rolls, or served with a pad Thai. They have a really nice kick of flavour with Thai basil, green chillis, garlic, lemongrass and fresh coriander.
My family have been enjoying them served with this noodle salad, but also with fragrant rice and stir-fried veggies. We even had them in a wrap with vegetables for lunch. They’re really versatile. I also love Heck‘s Super Greens balls, which are filled with quinoa, kale, spinach and ginger.
Get the recipe
- Serves 2
- 50g (1/2 cup) rice noodles
- 4 spring onions (scallions) cut into thin strips
- 3 carrots, spiralised or cut into thin strips
- 1 red pepper, deseeded and cut into thin strips
- 2 tbsp smooth peanut butter
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 1 tbsp rice wine vinegar
- ½ tbsp tamari (or soy sauce)
- ½ tbsp maple syrup
- salt & pepper
- ¡To serve:
- Heck Thai Bites, cooked according to package instructions
- 2 tbsp unsalted peanuts
- 1 tsp sesame seeds
- Lime wedges
- chilli flakes (to taste)
- Boil a kettle and then soak the noodles according to package instructions (approx 3 minutes). Drain, run under cold water, drain again.
- Pile the vegetables into a bowl with the noodles.
- Make the dressing, by whisking all dressing ingredients together. Whisk in just enough cold water to make a thick drizzling consistency.
- Drizzle the dressing over the salad and top with the peanuts, sesame seeds, chilli flakes and wedges of lime.
- Excellent served with Heck Thai Bites.
PIN FOR LATER!
More noodle recipes to try!
Try Amuse Your Bouche’s Fig and Fennel Salad with Rice Noodles, Food to Glow’s Spicy Asian Peanut Butter Noodles, Fuss Free Flavours’ Rice Noodle Salad with Salsa Macha, Tinned Tomatoes’ Warm Dressed Noodle Salad, Natural Kitchen Adventures’ Warm Japanese Black Noodles, or Tin and Thyme’s Samphire Noodles with Miso Marinated Tofu. You might also like to try Recipes From a Pantry’s Courgetti Noodles with Coconut Milk or Elizabeth’s Kitchen Diary’s Soba Noodle Soup, The Hedgecombers’ Citrus Chilli Noodles or FoodieQuine’s Asian Kale Noodle Broth.
Disclosure: This recipe for Easy Vegan Noodle Salad with Peanut Sauce was commissioned by Heck to go with their Thai Bites. All opinions are my own. Thanks for supporting the brands that allow me to mess up my kitchen and write Veggie Desserts.