This simple and flavourful Asian-inspired vegan noodle salad is quick and delicious, especially with pizazz from the easy peanut sauce.
Vegan Noodle Salad with Peanut Sauce
I love the vibrant, fresh flavours in an Asian-inspired noodle salad. It’s endlessly customisable and you can use whatever summery vegetables you have to hand. Feel free to substitute in spiralised sweet potato, cucumber or beets – they all add their own unique flavour. The peanut sauce has a big depth of flavour from the rice wine vinegar and tamari. The salad is then spiced up with some dried chilli flakes and served with a squeeze of lime.
This time of year, as the days grow longer and the air warmer, I suddenly crave more fresh vegetables and cold salads. Winter is a time for lentil dhal, kale and ale stew and hearty soups. But now, with spring quietly approaching, I want salads. This noodle salad is perfect for conjuring images of warm days, exotic holidays and lighter nights. Roll on Spring!
Heck Thai Bites
This vegan noodle salad is wonderful topped with Thai Bites by Heck. They are delicious vegan balls made of Thai pesto, sweet potato and sticky rice. No funny ingredients, they’re just like something you’d make yourself – but wayyyyy more convenient because you can buy them at Waitrose or online. They’re perfect alongside a stir fry and spring rolls, or served with a pad Thai. They have a really nice kick of flavour with Thai basil, green chillis, garlic, lemongrass and fresh coriander.
My family have been enjoying them served with this noodle salad, but also with fragrant rice and stir-fried veggies. We even had them in a wrap with vegetables for lunch. They’re really versatile. I also love Heck‘s Super Greens balls, which are filled with quinoa, kale, spinach and ginger.
Get the Vegan Noodle Salad with Peanut Sauce Recipe
Also, pop down to the comment and let me know how you got on with the recipe. It’s always great to hear from my readers. Your support allows me write this UK food blog and bring you vegetable cake recipes as well as vegan desserts, plus savoury vegetarian and vegan recipes and breakfasts and drinks.
This asian vegan noodle salad with peanut sauce is quick, easy and full of flavour. A great mid-week meal.
- 50 g rice noodles
- 4 spring onions (scallions) cut into thin strips
- 3 carrots spiralised or cut into thin strips
- 1 red pepper deseeded and cut into thin strips
- 2 tbsp smooth peanut butter
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 1 tbsp rice wine vinegar
- 1/2 tbsp tamari or soy sauce
- 1/2 tbsp maple syrup
- salt and pepper
- Heck Thai Bites cooked according to package instructions
- 2 tbsp unsalted peanuts
- 1 tsp sesame seeds
- Lime wedges
- chilli flakes to taste
- Boil a kettle and then soak the noodles according to package instructions (approx 3 minutes). Drain, run under cold water, drain again.
- Pile the vegetables into a bowl with the noodles.
- Make the dressing, by whisking all dressing ingredients together. Whisk in just enough cold water to make a thick drizzling consistency.
- Drizzle the dressing over the salad and top with the peanuts, sesame seeds, chilli flakes and wedges of lime.
- Excellent served with Heck Thai Bites.
PIN FOR LATER!
Disclosure: This recipe for Easy Vegan Noodle Salad with Peanut Sauce was commissioned by Heck to go with their Thai Bites. All opinions are my own. Thanks for supporting the brands that allow me to mess up my kitchen and write Veggie Desserts.