I am super excited to bring you the chance to win an incredible Kenwood kMix stand mixer worth £430! Enter now to win one as part of my 12 Giveaways of Christmas! Ends 11:59pm on Sunday 23rd December 2018.
Scroll down for your chance to win a Kenwood kMix stand mixer worth £430
The Kenwood Spicy Red kMix KMX754RD stand mixer with stylish glass bowl is an incredible mix of colourful design, retro styling and classic Kenwood reliability and performance.
The mixer has ergonomically designed controls and easy-fit attachment outlets, which are all conveniently placed at the front of the machine.
This machine has a 5 litre glass bowl with large handle, strong 1000W motor, planetary mixing action, and a range of attachments to choose from.
The unique fold function uses a 2.5 turns revolution mixing action to perfectly incorporate ingredients without losing air, which is important in baking mixtures.
This would be a truly wonderful prize for anyone who loves cooking and baking. You’ll recognize this coveted stand mixer from previous series of the Great British Bake-off tent where it was used by contestants.
Kenwood kMix KMX745RD Review
I’ve been absolutely thrilled to put this iconic kMix through it’s paces. I’m obviously a keen baker, but this sturdy and high quality machine can do a lot more than just mix cakes. It’s got pride of place now on my countertop and is proving useful for many recipes.
I’ve been using it for a few weeks now and I’ve found that it copes with everything I throw at it. It quickly whips cream with the supplied whisk attachment, and it easily turned the water from a can of beans into thick and fluffy aquafaba (perfect for vegan meringue or mousse). It’s great that the bowl is glass, so you can see into it with ease.
The various speed settings mean I can easily control the beating/whipping/kneading and folding. The dishwasher safe attachments are all very good quality and easily coped with bread and pizza doughs. I love that the 5L bowl is glass so it’s easy to monitor from across the kitchen and allows light in from the side when you look down into it. The bowl is a bit heavy, as to be expected with toughened glass, but there is a good sized handle and it has a spout for pouring. There are also measurement lines on it, though I imagine I’d always use my scales.
The bowl and all attachments are dishwasher safe, so it makes baking cleanup really easy. I also found it to be quiet and heavy enough to stay put on the counter. My previous quality stand mixer started to roam about a bit on the counter after the first few years of use, so I’m pleased that I don’t have to monitor this one.
The design of the kMix is fantastic, with the nice touch of the main mixing paddle having a K design. I love the vibrant red of mine, but there are other colours to choose from.
It also has a handy splashguard that fits over the bowl while it’s in use so stop splatter or that usual waft of icing sugar across the kitchen when mixing icing. I found that although the mixer doesn’t splash that much, I still usually use the splashguard. It has chute with a flap lid so you can easily add eggs, vanilla or other ingredients without stopping it.
I can’t review a stand mixer without mentioning the KitchenAid. That one has been hugely popular for decades and is highly lusted after. However, that certainly comes with a higher price tag. I’ve used it many times before, at cooking demos and at people’s houses. But the Kenwood kMix is also highly regarded and has a lower price point. It still has that sleek look, place for attachments and works beautifully.
Kenwood kMix KMX745RD Review – final thoughts
I am beyond thrilled with the kMix. I’ve put it through it’s paces and it has performed perfectly for me every time. It looks great on my counter and it’s already getting a lot of use. It’s quiet, dishwasher safe and you can even buy other attachments for the front, such as a pasta roller or spiraliser. It’s a powerful mixer that is sure to help me in the kitchen for many years to come.
Kenwood kMix Stand Mixer Features:
- 3 bowl tools: K Beater, Dough Hook, Whisk, Splashguard, Spatula
- Non-splash, Electronic Speed Control
- 5L borosilicate (heat proof) Glass Bowl
- Unique folding function
- Adaptable with attachments available to buy separately
- Power: 1000W
- Dishwasher safe parts
1 x Kenwood kMix Stand Mixer KMX745RD in Spicy Red colour worth £430
Included with the kMix Stand Mixer is a full non-stick, easy cleaning baking/pastry kit including:
- K-beater, shaped to reach every area of the generous 5L bowl (perfect for mixing dry ingredients and crushing biscuits for cheesecake bases.)
- Balloon whisk, designed easily incorporate air during whisking to add maximum volume to the ingredients. (Ideal for meringues and whipping cream, as well as light and fluffy cakes.)
- Dough hook, formed to take the hard work out of kneading bread. (Ideal for breads such as brioche, stolen and pizza bases.)
- Splashguard with extra large chute for easily adding ingredients.
- Spatula for easy removal of ingredients to ensure you get every last drop.
- The kMix also allows you to adjust the height of each individual baking/pastry tool to guarantee that every kind of mixture is fully combined from the base of the bowl, perfecting any recipe, avoiding you from having to manually scrap the bottom of the bowl yourself – letting the kMix Stand Mixer do all the work!
12 Giveaways of Christmas
This giveaway is part of my 12 Giveaways of Christmas! I’ve teamed up with loads of amazing brands to give my lovely readers the chance to win some incredible prizes.
From 1st November, I’ll be setting one giveaway live on the blog every day for 12 days. The giveaways will end, one per day, for 12 days until 23 December.
You have loads of chances to win, so keep coming back to see all of the new prizes up for grabs!
- Oxo Bakeware (worth £125) – with baking trays, baking sheets and more – all perfect for making Christmas dinner.
- Viners Cutlery (worth £80) – a beautiful 18 piece set of classic high-quality cutlery.
- BergHOFF Leo Pizza Set (worth £90) – make perfect pizzas with this top quality set including pizza stone, pizza shovel, slicer and grater.
- Wacom Bamboo Slate Digital Notepad (£125) – a must for the modern doodler to turn pictures and notes digital.
- USB Microphone (worth £170) – a high quality microphone, perfect for budding YouTubers or musicians.
- Edge of Belgravia Arondight Knife Set (worth £230)– A must for keen cooks, this 7 piece pro quality knife set also comes with a stylish knife block.
- And much more!
To be in with a chance of winning a Kenwood kMix Stand Mixer worth £430, enter via the Rafflecopter widget below. This giveaway is open to UK entrants over 18 only and runs until 11.59PM on Sunday 23rd December 2018.
Enter my other 12 Giveaways of Christmas – including Oxo Bakeware (£125), USB Microphone (£170), Viners Cutlery (£80), Edge of Belgravia Knives (£230) and much more!
Terms and conditions:
Entry into my giveaways will be deemed as acceptance of these terms and conditions.
The winner will be announced on the Rafflecopter widget after the prize has been claimed.
There is 1 prize of the item listed above.
There is no cash alternative and the prize is not transferable.
This giveaway is open to UK entrants only and runs until 11.59pm on Sunday 23 December 2018.
The winner will be picked at random and then contacted via email.
Veggie Desserts, as the promoter, reserves the right to cancel or amend the prize, giveaway and these terms and conditions without notice.
Entrants must be over 18 years old and in the UK.
If the winner doesn’t respond to the email within 5 days, another winner will be picked.
The prize will be delivered to the winner as soon as possible by the brand directly.
Delivery of the prize before Christmas cannot be guaranteed.
Disclosure: Kenwood kindly provided a kMix for this giveaway and one for review. Stock images courtesy of Kenwood.