Easy Vanilla Pineapple Compote
Make this zesty sweet pineapple compote in just 15 minutes. It's great on waffles, pancakes, cheesecake, yogurt, porridge and more!
Prep Time5 mins
Cook Time15 mins
Total Time20 mins
- 1 pineapple peeled, cored and cut into chunks (or 300g/ 2 cups pineapple chunks)
- 100 g light brown sugar (3/4 cup lightly packed)
- 115 ml pineapple juice (or water)
- 1 tbsp lime juice or lemon juice
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp dark rum optional
- 1 tbsp cornflour cornstarch
Add the sugar, pineapple juice or water and lime juice to a saucepan and bring to a boil over a medium/low heat.
Reduce the heat, add the pineapple chunks and simmer for 15 minutes to reduce slightly.
Dissolve the cornflour/cornstarch in 1 tbsp of water and stir it in. Return to the stove and heat for 1 minute.
Stir in the vanilla and rum (if using). Allow to cool (it will thicken further as it cools).
Calories: 100kcal | Carbohydrates: 24g | Sodium: 4mg | Potassium: 126mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 19g | Vitamin A: 55IU | Vitamin C: 44.9mg | Calcium: 22mg | Iron: 0.4mg