Easy Tomato Soup
This delicious easy tomato soup recipe only takes 20 minutes to make and 6 simple ingredients. It's full of flavour, creamy and is vegetarian, vegan and gluten free.
Prep Time5 mins
Cook Time15 mins
Total Time20 mins
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1 onion chopped
- 2 tbsp plain flour (use gluten free flour if required)
- 750 g (10 medium) fresh tomatoes roughly chopped
- 500 ml (2 1/4 cups) vegetable stock/broth
- 2 tbsp tomato puree/paste
Heat the oil in a large pot over a medium heat. Add the onion and cook for 4 minutes until softened. Sprinkle in the flour and stir well.
Add the tomatoes, stock and tomato puree, stir well then bring to the boil. Reduce the heat and simmer for 10 minutes.
Puree with a hand held blender or food processor. Add more water to thin, if desired.
Ladle the soup into bowls and serve. If desired, top with fresh herbs and seeds.
- You can substitute the fresh tomatoes for 2 x 400g/15oz cans of plum tomatoes, including the juice from the can and chopping them up a bit in the pan.
- If desired, sieve the soup over a large bowl for a smoother finish
- Look for low salt stock for serving kids.
- You don't need to skin or peel the tomatoes for this tomato soup. It all gets liquidised with the blender.
Calories: 127kcal | Carbohydrates: 15g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 6g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 7mg | Sodium: 599mg | Potassium: 565mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 8g | Vitamin A: 2040IU | Vitamin C: 29.5mg | Calcium: 28mg | Iron: 1mg