Strawberry Spinach Salad
This strawberry spinach salad is fresh, colorful and has a tasty 5 ingredient dressing. It's a simple 15 minute recipe that adds a burst of flavour and 'wow' to your table. The easy dressing brings together the beautiful flavours of balsamic, maple syrup and fragrant toasted seeds. Vegan, vegetarian and gluten free.
Prep Time10 mins
Cook Time5 mins
Total Time15 mins
- 2 tbsp seeds I used a mix of sesame, flax, sunflower and pumpkin
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- ⅛ teaspoon paprika optional
- ¼ red onion very finely diced
- Salt and pepper
- 2 cups (250g) fresh spinach, rinsed and dried
- 1 cup (250g) strawberries, halved, quartered or sliced depending on their size
- 1/4 cup (30g) walnuts roughly chopped
For the spinach salad dressing
Heat a dry frying pan and add the seeds. Toast them by tossing gently in the hot pan until they begin to turn golden and fragrant.
Add the toasted sesame seeds to a bowl with the olive oil, balsamic vinegar, maple syrup, paprika and onion. Season with salt and pepper. Chill until ready to serve.
- Don’t add the dressing until serving.
- Keep the dressing in the fridge until ready to dress the salad and serve.
- Swap the walnuts for other nuts, such as pecans, pistachios, almonds etc...
- Try different types of seeds in the dressing. Toasting them makes them fragrant and delicious.
- If strawberries aren't in season, try using raspberries, blueberries, blackberries etc instead.
- Swap half of the spinach for other types of lettuce.
Calories: 118kcal | Carbohydrates: 6g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 9g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 10mg | Potassium: 134mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 960IU | Vitamin C: 17.2mg | Calcium: 22mg | Iron: 0.6mg