Homemade naan pizza takes just 10 minutes with a beautifully thick, chewy and fluffy crust! How? Using a store bought naan bread for an easy tasty base.
Prep Time3 mins
Cook Time7 mins
Total Time10 mins
- 2 shop bought naan bread
- 3 tbsp pizza sauce or vegetarian pesto
- 9 oz (250g) mozzarella or vegan alternative
- 2 tsp sweetcorn
- 4 button mushrooms thinly sliced
- 2 tsp sliced black olives
- ¼ red onion thinly sliced
- ½ green pepper deseeded and finely chopped
Preheat the oven to 220C/430F.
Spread the pizza sauce or pesto onto the naans. Tear off small pieces of the mozzarella and add them to the naan pizzas, then add desired toppings.
Transfer to a baking sheet (don’t overcrowd them and use two trays if necessary). Bake for 5-10 minutes or until the cheese has melted and the edges of the naan turn golden. Cut into slices and serve immediately.
- If you like a crispy crust, then bake it for a few minutes before adding your toppings, or put it into the toaster for a few minutes.
- Prefer Italian-style thin crust? Just grab a rolling pin and flatten the naan out a bit before adding sauce and toppings.
- This is perfect for when the kids have friends over. Put out bowls of toppings and let them add their favourites.
- Try making your own pizza sauce.
- Make it gluten free by choosing a gluten free naan bread.
- Make it vegan: Check the ingredients of the naan bread. Many are vegan and dairy free. Then be sure to choose vegan toppings and cheese.
Calories: 394kcal | Carbohydrates: 34g | Protein: 20g | Fat: 19g | Saturated Fat: 9g | Cholesterol: 55mg | Sodium: 884mg | Potassium: 185mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 535IU | Vitamin C: 13.7mg | Calcium: 361mg | Iron: 0.5mg