Carrot Cake Oatmeal with Pecans
Have all the flavours of carrot cake for breakfast in this delicious carrot cake oatmeal recipe! Vegan.
Prep Time3 mins
Cook Time10 mins
Total Time13 mins
- 2 carrots raw, finely grated
- 80 g oats (1 cup)
- 125 ml coconut milk (1/2 cup)
- 180 ml milk (3/4 cup) (nut, cows whatever you prefer)
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ teaspoon ground ginger
- ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- ¼ cup raisins
- 1 tablespoon pecans chopped, to garnish
To make it on the stovetop:
Combine all ingredients (except the nuts) in a saucepan and heat, stirring, over a low heat for 8-10 minutes or until thick.
Serve with the chopped pecans sprinkled on top.
Calories: 239kcal | Carbohydrates: 34g | Protein: 5g | Fat: 9g | Saturated Fat: 6g | Sodium: 48mg | Potassium: 416mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 10g | Vitamin A: 5185IU | Vitamin C: 2.6mg | Calcium: 94mg | Iron: 2.3mg