Easy Vegan Pad Thai
This tasty vegan Pad Thai is ready in just 15 minutes! It's full of flavour and fresh veggies with a little chilli kick and crunchy peanuts. Made with rice noodles, it's also gluten free.
Prep Time5 mins
Cook Time10 mins
Total Time15 mins
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 1 garlic clove crushed
- 1/4 tsp ginger peeled and grated
- ¼ tsp dried chilli flakes
- 150 g wide rice noodles
- 2 spring onions (scallions) thinly sliced (plus extra for garnish)
- 2 carrots spiralized or julienned
- 4 baby corn halved
- 2 tbsp soy sauce or tamari if gluten free
- 2 tbsp rice wine vinegar
- Handful peanuts roughly chopped
- 2 tbsp white or black sesame seeds
- Fresh lime juice
- Chilli oil to taste
- Chopped parsley
Boil a kettle and then soak the noodles according to package instructions (approx 3 minutes). Drain, run under cold water, drain again.
Meanwhile, heat the oil in a wok or large frying pan, then add the garlic, ginger and chilli and cook for 1 minute, stirring constantly. Add the cooked rice noodles, spring onions, carrots, soy sauce and vinegar and cook over a medium/hot heat, stirring often, for 3 minutes.
Serve warm, topped with the peanuts, sesame seeds, chilli oil (to taste) and a good squeeze of lime.