Fruit tacos are a fun and healthy dessert for kids and grown ups. The fruit filled crepes are quick, easy and endlessly customisable.
Sometimes it’s hard to make sure kids eat healthy. Although I try very hard to instil a love of healthy fresh food in my children, I’ll admit that I do sometimes cave into pester power.
But I always find the best way to get kids to want to eat healthy is to make sure fruit and veg are always on hand. And to make healthy snacks fun!
These fruit tacos are sooo easy to make. If you’re short on time, you could use pre-made crepes, though I love making them with my kids. My daughter in particular loves to help with the cooking, so pancakes and crepes are a staple in our house.
These fruit tacos are great for a snack, dessert or even a fun breakfast. They’re quick, easy and fun for both kids and grown ups to eat.
Use any fruit you like or is in season, and get creative! You could also add some seeds, coconut or a drizzle of chocolate syrup.
Get the recipe for Fruit Tacos with Maple Yogurt Drizzle.
If you make this recipe, please tag it with #veggiedesserts on Instagram or other social media. I LOVE seeing your recreations of my recipes.
- For the crepes:
- 150g (1⅓ cups) plain (all purpose) flour
- 325 ml (1⅓ cups) milk
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter, melted and cooled
- 1 egg
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- spray oil
- 4 tbsp plain yogurt
- 1 tsp maple syrup
- 3 bananas
- 3 handfuls mixed fresh fruit
- For the crepes:
- Add the flour, milk, butter, egg and vanilla to a blender (I use a Froothie Optimum 9400), and whiz until smooth and it begins to turn frothy.
- Heat a large frying pan and spray with the oil.
- Add 3 tablespoons to the pan and swirl the batter so it forms a large thin circle across the base. Allow it to cook for about a minute until it turns golden, then carefully flip and cook the other side until golden (about 30 seconds).
- Repeat with the remaining batter.
- Mix the yogurt and maple syrup in a bowl and set aside.
- Peel the bananas and slice lengthways. Add one banana half to each crepe and add desired fruit to one side. Drizzle with maple yogurt and fold the crepe in half to form a 'taco' shape. Enjoy!
Looking for more healthy fruit recipes for kids? Try these!