This easy vegan laksa is ready in just 15 minutes, and it’s bursting with flavour from the coconut milk, chilli and turmeric. It’s a filling meal, warming starter or easy side dish.
I love meals that are super-quick and easy to prepare. I always want to cook from scratch, but you know, sometimes life is busy or I’m tired. That’s where this easy vegan laksa comes in.
It is sooooo easy to make, but absolutely packed with flavour.
TIP: You could even cheat and use frozen chopped chilli, garlic and ginger, so you don’t have any fiddly chopping to do. I’m all about making recipes quick and easy without compromising on taste so these ingredients are staples in my freezer.
What is Laksa Soup?
A laksa is a spicy noodle soup that’s a combination of Chinese and Malaysian flavours. It’s hugely popular, but endlessly adaptable to whatever ingredients you have on hand.
I like to mix together a simple laksa paste and turn it into this delicious Malaysian coconut soup with rice noodles. It’s filling, flavourful and ready in just 15 minutes!
It has a warming spiced coconut milk broth brightened up with a handful of coriander and a squeeze of lime added just before serving.
This vegan laksa is packed with vegetables and noodles, making it a filling meal. The heat from the chilli and ginger is balanced with the creamy coconut milk.
I love soup. It’s so easy, warming and makes a great lunch or dinner. Plus, it’s a great way to get in your five-a-day!
This vegan Malaysian laksa soup is super easy and great on it’s own or as an appetizer or side dish. You can adjust the heat to your liking and have it mild or spicy.
Get the Easy Vegan Laksa Soup Recipe
If you make this easy laksa soup recipe, please tag it with #veggiedesserts on Instagram, Twitter or Facebook. I LOVE seeing your recreations of my recipes. Also, please pop down to the comments and let me know how you got on with the recipe and give a star rating!
Recipe: Easy Vegan Laksa
- 4 spring onions (scallions) roughly chopped
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1-2 red chilis deseeded and chopped
- 1 tsp ginger chopped
- 1 tsp ground turmeric
- 1 tsp oil
- 1000 ml (4 cups) vegetable stock/broth
- 1 can coconut milk (400ml/15oz can)
- 100 g (1 cup) bean sprouts
- 10 baby corn halved
- 100 g (1 cup) mangetout beans
- 150 g (5 oz) rice noodles
- 1 lime
- handful cilantro/coriander
- Add the spring onions, garlic, chilli, ginger and turmeric to a mini food processor and whiz until it forms a rough paste.
- In a large pot over a medium heat, add the oil and spice paste and fry, stirring, for 3 minutes.
- Add the stock and coconut milk and bring to the boil. Reduce the temperature to low and add the bean sprouts, baby corn and mangetout. Cook for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook the rice noodles according to packet instructions (usually pouring boiling water over them in a bowl for 3 minutes, then draining).
- Divide the noodles between bowls and add the hot soup. Top with some fresh coriander and a squeeze of lime.