Courgetti (spiralised courgette) is a healthy and easy way to make ‘pasta’. It’s a great way to get extra vegetables into your diet and you can eat it lightly cooked or raw. Here’s I’ve topped it with a tasty simple pea and mint sauce. It’s an all-vegetable meal that’s low calorie, vegan, gluten free, healthy and delicious.
Spiralized vegetable pasta is a ‘thing’ for a very good reason. We’ve been absolutely loving it. It turns a heavy pasta meal into a healthy and light dinner while still being filling.
Let’s face it, pasta is usually just a vehicle for the sauce, isn’t it? So with spiralised veg pasta you get all the sauce without the carb overload. Win win!
Courgetti is simply ribbons of spiralised courgette (zucchini – aka zoodles). You can enjoy it raw, steamed, boiled or fried. I usually have it raw so it has a nice gentle ‘bite’ to it. If you cook it, just cook it very briefly so it retains its goodness and doesn’t turn mushy.
I love it when a meal is almost 100% vegetable, and with this zucchini fettuccine (that’s so much more fun to say than courgetti fettuccini, isn’t it?) that’s what you get. A few portions of veg and a meal in minutes.
The pea and mint sauce is really easy to make and uses kitchen basics. Frozen peas work perfectly, and they get flavour from vegetable stock/broth, onion and fresh mint. If you don’t have fresh mint, try a little dried, leave it out or add basil.
It makes a lovely thick green sauce that’s beautiful on the courgetti.
NOTE: This is a great filling meal if you’re dieting. A large portion has just 96 calories and contains 4 Weight Watchers Freestyle Smartpoints (less if you cook the onions in a little water instead of oil).
This Courgetti recipe was originally published on 20 March 2015, but updated on 20 August 2019 with new text and images.
I’m such a big fan of courgette/zoodles and other spiralised veggies that I have quite a few spiralisers.
You can get fancier table top ones, but it’s usually my inexpensive ‘pencil sharpener’ type spiralizer that I turn to. It’s quick, easy and I can just stick it in the dishwasher. It works well for carrots and other thin vegetables.
If you want to spiralize squash, beetroot or other large fruit and veggies then go for a table top spiralizer. (affiliatelink)
Can you eat courgettes raw?
Yes, you can eat courgette raw! It’s fine and I eat raw courgette/zucchini raw in salads all the time. It has a nice subtle flavour and a great texture, particularly spiralized. But if you want to, you can warm the courgette up in a frying pan for a few minutes.
You can eat zucchini (aka courgette, the UK name), raw or cooked. I’ve given the method for cooking it, but I actually prefer to eat it raw. It has a nice flavourful gentle bite to it.
The pea and mint sauce can be whipped up in minutes and is a lovely fresh, springlike flavour that goes beautifully with the veg pasta. I made the pea sauce in my high-speed blender, but you can try it in a non-high speed blender or even a hand held emersion blender. Anything that will puree it.
How to make Courgetti with Pea Mint Sauce
This is a super quick and easy dish to make. Follow these step by step photo instructions, then scroll down to the recipe card for the full recipe!
1. Fry the onion and garlic for a few minutes until soft.
2. Meanwhile cook the peas in the vegetable stock/broth.
3. Add the peas, onions, mint, salt pepper and a little of the pea cooking water to a blender.
4. Whiz until smooth.
5. Spiralize the courgette / zucchini. Enjoy it raw, or heat it gently in a frying pan.
6. Serve the courgetti topped with the pea and mint sauce.
Scroll down for the full recipe.
Did you make this recipe? Please let me know how it turned out for you!
Leave a comment and star rating below and share a picture with the hashtag #veggiedesserts. I love seeing your recreations of my vegetarian and vegan recipes and cakes.
Thanks for checking out my recipe! I love hearing from my readers. You all allow me to do what I love and write this UK food blog, sharing vegetarian and vegan recipes, vegetable cake recipes, vegan cake and also easy vegan desserts.
Get the recipe for Spiralized Courgetti with Pea and Mint Sauce
Courgetti with Pea Mint Sauce
- 2 raw courgette / zucchini unpeeled
- ½ onion diced
- 1 clove garlic finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon oil
- 300 g (2 cups) peas (fresh or frozen)
- 240 ml (1 cup) vegetable stock / broth
- Few sprigs of fresh mint leaves optional
- Salt and pepper
- Spiralize the courgette (zucchini) until you have ribbons. Set aside.
- In a small saucepan, gently fry the onion and garlic in the oil until cooked but not browned.
- Simmer the peas in the vegetable stock for a few minutes until cooked. Reserve the cooking stock, but remove the peas and place in a blender along with the cooked onion and garlic. Add 1/2 cup of the cooking stock and the mint leaves. Blend until thick and pureed. Add a pinch of salt and pepper.
- You can eat the spiralized courgette/zucchini raw, or else simmer it in the remaining stock water (topped up with extra water if necessary to cover) for a few minutes until softened, or toss it in a hot frying pan to heat. Serve topped with the pea sauce.